SOCIAL MEDIA

March 4, 2014

The Kraft Journal.... Happy Bird-Day

Happy Tuesday,

This week, I am playing along with The Kraft Journal Challenge.  We were asked to incorporate a bird on our projects.

My card:




To make my card, I started off with a Kraft card base, followed with Pretty in Pink card stock.  The pretty patterned paper is from Melissa Francis.  Since I don't own any bird/bird cage stamps, I decided to use the Serenade Cricut Cartridge to cut out the bird cage (at 3 inches).  The little yellow bird was die-cut with the Poppy Stamps Nestled Bird.  I further embellished the card by adhering a banner on the top left hand corner.  I then added tiny pearls to it.  The sentiment is from The Craft's Meow Tweet, and was stamped in Chocolate Brown ink.  The final details are two pink buttons on the bottom corners.

I'm also adding this card to the following challenges:

House of Cards - March Challenge #1 - Shabby + Add a Button
The Pink Elephant Challenge #240 - Birthday
Seize the Birthday Challenge - "Anything Goes" Birthday
Word Art Wednesday - Challenge #121 - Anything Goes

Thanks for taking a peek,

9 comments :

  1. Martha, this is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the pretty colors and the lovely die cut image! And all your patterns look AMAZING! Thanks for joining us at House of Cards! :) HUGS and have a wonderful rest of the week! Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty card - love how you used the paper to look like flowers hanging from a tree. Beautiful colours too. Thanks for joining in the House of Cards Challenge this week.

    Hugs, Vannessa
    HOC DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Martha! This is DARLING, and I thank you so much for sharing your talents in our "Bird Challenge" this week. I am grateful to have you share with us, and I hope you will be back by again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sentiment you've used, and your card really is super sweet. Thanks also for sharing your card in our challenge at WAW. It's a blessing to have you share your talents with us, and I hope you will continue to play along and share with us at both.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty! Love the patterned paper. Thanks for joining us at House of Cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the beautiful paper Martha! You had the perfect cut for the challenge this week at The Kraft Journal. Beautifully done! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card - love that bird cage and the papers :) Thanks for joining us this week at The Pink Elephant xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous Shabby/Vintage card! Love your soft color scheme with that little pop of yellow bird. Thanks for joining us at the House of Cards Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a sweet card!
    Thank you for joining us at Seize The Birthday. :)

    ReplyDelete