SOCIAL MEDIA

August 15, 2013

The Kraft Journal Challenge #133 & Seize the Birthday "Anything Goes" Birthday

Hello my friends!

I created a card for two challenges, the first being The Kraft Journal.  We were asked to create a project with the "Sew-so simple" theme.  The other challenge is Seize the Birthday.  It's Anything Goes Birthday!

 
My card:




For my card, I began with Crumb Cake card base, and added layers of Little Yellow Bicycle Vintage Summer patterned paper.  Strips of red cardstock were added on both sides for some pop!  Using more Crumb Cake cardstock, I cut out the dress form using Tim Holtz Mini Sewing Room Set.  I adhered a flower using the SU! Itty Bitty Shape Punch, and carefully added a very small pearl in the middle.  Instead of adding lace to the bottom of the dress form, I jazz it up by adding a cute purse using Memory Box Chic Bag!  The sentiment is from SU! Itty Bitty Banners, and was stamped with Real Red ink.       

I'm also linking my card over at Word Art Wednesday.

Thanks for stopping by,

9 comments :

  1. Love the papers and the dress form!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love the addition of the little flower and cute purse. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a seriously smart idea. It's like getting a blank check. The supersized handbag helps with that thought.
    Thank you so much dropping in with your art today. Remember you can post up to five times which increases your opportunity to win. We hope you come back next week.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always loved that dress form image, but put it together with that great purse and you have a super FABULOUS card. You really came up with a winner with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is just fabulous, Martha! You are so clever. Thanks for sharing with us again this week. I always enjoy your art and I'm so glad you were able to join us this week!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Since I'm on more than one Design Team, I get the PLEASURE of visiting your blog again to take another peek. Your art is always SO fabulous, and I thank you for joining us!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love, love, love this beauty! Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on this challenge Martha! I love the papers you used :) Thank you for stopping by my blog and leave a comment too!
    Have a wonderful day!
    Liz O.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card, those papers are just beautiful too! Thanks for joining us at Seize The Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete